JDRF Promise Ball!

9:26 PM

On Saturday, May 9th, I had the privilege of being one of 4 photographers invited to volunteer our services for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund's Promise Ball!  It was held at the Convention Center in Hartford, CT  I have had many opportunities to give my services to other charity events, but by far, this one is my favorite.  We set up studio, so families would be able to get their portraits done. Once done with the portraits, I went into  the ballroom to take pictures of  the "live auction," the show and when the party began; the dancing!  There were about 500-600 people. So many beautiful women, with their beautiful gowns and lots of handsome men dressed in their tuxedos. The theme of the ball this year was "Heroes for Cure"  The ballroom was so beautifully decorated.   David and I truly enjoyed ourselves and promised to do it again next year.

Diabetes as a whole, is an awful disease.  But when it affects a child, it is simply devastating.  I personally know a few mom's with children that have juvenile diabetes and have seen first hand the horrible damage it can do.  I admire these men and women who get together every year and raise over a million dollars for the research fund.

 Here are some of my favorite pictures of the night.






































































You Might Also Like

0 comments




Flickr Images