Mariliz and Angel Engaged!

2:04 AM

As I get older, so do my younger cousins, (my first cousin's children.)  My cousin's daughter, texted me last week asking me if I can take her engagement pictures.  I have a policy in placed now, I no longer do family weddings, engagement, family or any other type of pictures.  It's really hard to mix business with family.  As much as my heart desires to take all my family's pictures, it has not worked out in the past for me.  It was a hard decision to make.

As I read her text, I couldn't believe what she was telling me. Her wedding photographer had taken engagement pictures of her already, but she disliked them. He took only 15 pictures and out of 15 pictures she liked one.  On top of that, she wanted to do a picture guest book and 15 pictures was not going to do it. I texted her back and said I would discuss it with my husband, since we said we weren't going to do any family pictures.  When I spoke to Dave, I told him how bad I felt for her. I love my younger cousins who are now young adults, finishing school, getting married and starting their lives. I texted her back and said I would do them for her.  She was so happy!

I decided to take them to Harkness Park in Waterford, CT, one of my favorite parks. We spent 2 hours taking pictures.  They were exhausted, but so happy.  I was happy myself and to be able to see my lil' cousin with a big smile on her face, filled me with such joy and love.  This was the first time I got to spend time with her fiance and was happy to see she was marring a wonderful man who loves her and takes care of her like a princess.  Here are some of the pictures I took.  I'm glad to report that she is absolutely in love with her pictures. This make my heart glad and filled with joy.  I just want her to be happy and have the best wedding she can ever imagine.














Don't know why, but the beach pictures came out darker than the original ones when I uploaded them to the blog.  Gonna have to figure out why. :(





Especially these! There skin tones do not look like this in the pictures I took. Just here on the blog. :(


They were so exhausted by the time we finish the session. They literally shouted out with glee. LOL!

You Might Also Like

2 comments




Flickr Images